Warren Zevon Live at VPRO Studio on 1976-12-08
02. These Days > [interview]
03. Cocaine Blues [Davis]
04. Linda Paloma
05. Mohammed's Radio > [interview]
06. Frank and Jesse James
07. Hasten Down the Wind
08. Desperados Under the Eaves > [interview]
09. Excitable Boy > [program ID]
00. [program ID] > For a Dancer
11. Something Fine
13. Werewolves of London//
14. Back Turned Looking Down the Path > [David Lindley intro]
16. Mohammed's Radio
17. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
2 - These Days > [interview] - JB
3 - Cocaine Blues [Davis] - JB
5 - Mohammed's Radio - WZ/JB > [interview] - WZ
6 - Frank and Jesse James - WZ/JB
7 - Hasten Down the Wind - WZ
8 - Desperados Under the Eaves > [interview] - WZ
9 - Excitable Boy - WZ > [program ID] - JB
10 - [program ID] - JB > For a Dancer - JB
13 - Werewolves of London// - WZ/JB
14 - Back Turned Looking Down the Path > [David Lindley intro]
17 - I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Collection WarrenZevonBand/Artist Warren ZevonVenue VPRO StudioLocation Hilversum, HollandSource FMLineage FM > ? > trade CD-R > EAC (secure, offsets) > FLAC (level 8, sectors aligned, shntool verified)Taped by unknownTransferred by unknown
Warren Zevon [with Jackson Browne]
FM > ? > trade CD-R > EAC (secure, offsets) > FLAC (level 8, sectors aligned, shntool verified)
01. [2:25.37] [intro]
02. [6:13.24] These Days > [interview] - JB
03. [4:24.52] Cocaine Blues [Davis] - JB
04. [4:45.13] Linda Paloma - JB
05. [4:27.44] Mohammed's Radio - WZ/JB > [interview] - WZ
06. [5:05.44] Frank and Jesse James - WZ/JB
07. [3:28.53] Hasten Down the Wind - WZ
08. [4:52.56] Desperados Under the Eaves > [interview] - WZ
09. [2:50.46] Excitable Boy - WZ > [program ID] - JB
00. [5:17.27] [program ID] - JB > For a Dancer - JB
11. [4:26.41] Something Fine - JB
12. [4:21.55] Carmelita - WZ/JB
13. [3:01.48] Werewolves of London// - WZ/JB
14. [2:09.47] Back Turned Looking Down the Path > [David Lindley intro]
15. [3:57.31] Carmelita
16. [4:12.32] Mohammed's Radio
17. [3:18.06] I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
» t13: track is cut at the end
» t14-t17: filler [1976-12-09 - RAI Congres Building - Amsterdam, Holland]
» This recording circulates as the bootleg, "The Offender Meets the Pretender"
» Updated and uploaded to archive.org on 15 April 2005
February 21, 2015
Truly A Treat
Warren and Jackson, two pioneers of west coast introspective rock, lay down some great tracks in this one.
October 13, 2010
reads like a demo of some great material that often emerged "over-polished" from the studio.
it'd be nice to see more jb posted up here, though i'm sure he wouldn't go for it.
carmelita . . . sigh.
July 14, 2010
What a great recording. "Frank and Jesse.." is spectacular with JB sing back-up. Check it out.
May 26, 2010
Don't need to say anything.
September 6, 2006
The Archive homepage says that they are building a library of "cultural artifacts in digital form". This recording lives up to that lofty ideal. In spite of some sonic flaws, I give this 5 stars based on its historical importance. You MUST hear this!
August 29, 2006
this is what archival live recordings are all about. Wonderful stuff.
A completely unique set of music and a very listenable recording. It doesn't sound perfect, but it ain't bad at all.
The performances are incredibly moving. Very relaxed presentation of wonderful songs. The highlight for me is JB's "From a Dancer;" such a beautiful, sad song.
JB plays simple backing guitar on several of the songs he's not listed for.
The performance is 5 stars easily. The recording is a 3+, something like that. So I give it 4. Check it out, though, sometime when you have time to listen to the words.
April 6, 2006
This is a great listen, too bad it gets cut. It is really nice to hear some Jackson Browne thrown in and to hear them play together.
I'm not a fan of filler, but that is a great version of Carmelita that was added on.
April 23, 2005
Jackson Browne jumpstarted Warren's career and it's great to hear the old buddys together. The admiration for each other is evident in this laid back, almost conversational performance. It's like they are at home sitting across a coffee table from one another. Great recording of old friends together.